Monday, October 23, 2006

What You Should Know About Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC)

IBC or Inflammatory Breast Cancer has been in the news a lot lately, more so now since this month is breast cancer awareness month. IBC is not a common form of breast cancer, but one of which women should be made aware. It is often misdiagnosed and spreads rapidly. So please take the time to learn about it. Last April I came home from a business trip with a small red lump on my breast. I was hoping it was a bug bite, but in the back of my mind I kept thinking about an acquaintance of mine who had died from IBC. Getting the details of how she found it and her delayed diagnosis, I cautiously watched the red lump on my own breast. I tried all the remedies for bug bites and it was very slow to respond. But finally and thankfully it did go away. A couple of months later my daughter sent me a video clip with information on IBC and asked if I had ever heard of this form of cancer. I told her I had and asked her, " Why do you think I was so concerned with that bug bite I had?." So just be aware. Take care of yourself and visit http://www.ibcresearch.org/ for more information on IBC.

All the best
Janice
http://www.JaniceBird.com

No comments: